Travel Plan in San Clemente
Are you planning a trip to San Clemente? If you are, you should start creating a plan for your trip and get the right itinerary for your visit. San Clemente has places that offer promotions or offers, whether you’re away for a romantic holiday, a family getaway or an all-inclusive holiday. There’s much for you in San Clemente, so it’s better not to waste every second of your visit.
San Clemente is located approximately halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles off Interstate-5. The closest airport is John Wayne Airport which is about 25 miles from the city.
Places To Stay
Want to live in a cozy space that can make you feel like you’re just inside your house? Some Airbnb hosts are available to accommodate you, too. You can find them here on our website, from cheap, affordable accommodations to luxurious hotels. In San Clemente, both you and your family or friends can stay in one of these accommodations:
- Beachcomber Inn – a low-rise hotel which has an overlooking view of the beach. A few minutes away from the San Clemente Pier
- Best Western Casablanca Inn – a Spanish-inspired hotel which is located near the Doheny State Beach
- Casa Tropicana – an upscale boutique hotel near the San Clemente Pier and the beach
- Comfort Suites – a family- and pet-friendly hotel which is near the San Clemente State Beach and the Casa Romantica
- Holiday Inn Express – a convenient location off Interstate-5. This mission-style inn is located near the Doheny State Beach.
- Rodeway Inn – beautifully located on a hill. This Spanish-inspired budget hotel is near the San Clemente Pier.
Getting Around The City
Walking around the city center is fun. There’s a good view of the sea, and you can find various shops around town. The only thing is the place is somewhat sloping from the beach and pier to the shopping area of Avenida del Mar. San Clemente is a hilly city with its shops and restaurants around. It can be a bit of an exercise, but it’s fun walking in this beautiful city by the sea. If you get around the area by car, there’s a free 2-hour car park.
Places To Visit
San Clemente offers a lot of attractions to locals and guests. The city is known for its beautiful beaches and excellent ocean view while walking around town. Here are some suggested places where you can visit:
- San Clemente Pier – one of the tourist attractions in the city.
- San Clemente State Beach – locals and visitors come to join various activities happening at the beach. There’s the Kaleidoscope or the Irvine Spectrum where people of all ages can enjoy fun entertainment.
- Beach Trail – biking, hiking, walking or running – do these activities here. It’s a great place to move those muscles with its fantastic ocean view.
- Stewart Surfboards – here, you can have surfing lessons as well as surfboard rentals. This store is managed and owned by the legendary longboard shaper, Bill Stewart.
- Krikorian – a well-managed local movie theater which offers affordable movie rates.
- Casa Romantica – former home of San Clemente founder Ole Hanson which has an art exhibit
- Leslie Park – a park overlooking the beach. This San Clemente Park is located at 1910 Calle de Los Alamos. You can see the State Beach, the Pier and Dana Point from here.
Whether you’re a shopaholic or someone who wants to find a homecoming gift for your relatives at home, San Clemente has shopping centers opened for your needs.
Along the stretch of Avenida Del Mar, you can find many shops, cafes, and restaurants on this street. From kids’ stuff to souvenir items, shops here offer a lot for you to choose from.
If you’re up for swimwear and beach items, San Clemente has shops available for you. The Trestle’s Outlet, located on the south side of San Clemente, sells affordable beachwear and swimwear.
Places To Eat
San Clemente isn’t only about beaches and tourist attractions. You can find various restaurants that are reasonably priced and utterly delicious. Restaurants and cafes here offer different cuisines and specialties that everyone can enjoy. Some suggested food destinations are:
- Antonio’s – located in Camino Real, offers delicious breakfasts and other dishes
- Cafe Calypso – known for its famous Acai Bowls and delicious Chinese chicken salad
- Cafe del Sol – offers affordable and tasty Mexican dishes. There’s a drive-through window for your convenience
- Cafe Mimosa – serves delicious French food
- Carbonara’s Trattoria – a family-friendly Italian restaurant that offers excellent food and service
- Hapa J’s – family-owned Hawaiian restaurant which offers unique and affordable meals
- Iva Lee’s – one of the best restaurants in San Clemente serving Cajun dishes
- La Rocco’s – casual dining place serving affordable food prices. Come here and try their famous ‘Whitestone’ pizza
- La Tiendita – Mexican family-owned restaurant serving delicious Mexican meals
- La Siesta – serves traditional Mexican food and is known for carnitas and margaritas.
- Nick’s – formal and high-end American restaurant with a modern flair
- Mongkut Thai – Thai restaurant that serves flavorful Thai dishes
- Pedro’s – Mexican diner known for its signature burritos
- Sonny’s Pizza & Pasta – family-owned Italian eatery with a traditional flair that serves thin-crust pizza and other Italian meals
- The Fisherman – famous seafood restaurant located near the San Clemente Pier
- Tina & Vince’s – Italian deli with great pizza and homemade specialties..
- Velvet Yogurt – one of the best places to grab a creamy frozen yogurt while enjoying a stroll at the beach.
Pubs and Bars
The fun doesn’t end after sunset in San Clemente. You can enjoy happy hours and nightlife with good beers, wine, and music in one of these locations:
- Blooms Irish Bar – American pub and bar with draft beers, delicious meals, and live music.
- Duke’s – a sports bar and restaurant that serves mouth-watering cheeseburgers and other tasty dishes.
- OC Tavern – a sports bar and a great hangout place for most youngsters and adults.
- Oles Tavern – a sports bar with a casual setting where most people hang out and chill.
- The Cellar – a wine bar that offers a wide range of authentic wines.
There you go! Let us help you with the brainstorming if you’re going to plan on what you’ll do in San Clemente. Take a pen and a paper and get your itinerary started.